Students advised by Dr. McCleery elsewhere:
- Laura Hubbard M.S., WIU
- Janet Reed Ph.D, Texas A&M
- Allison Treadway M.S, WIU
- Zach Hurst M.S., Texas A&M
- Miguel Licona M.S., Texas A&M
- Paige Schmidt Ph.D, Texas A&M
- Jason Schmidt M.S., Texas A&M
Courtney Tye Hooker
Courtney completed her B.S. in Wildlife Ecology at the University of Florida in 2007. She joined the McCleery lab in 2011 while working for the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC). She received her MS in 2014 with her research focusing on the distribution of fox squirrels in Florida and the establishment of a reliable method of identifying individual fox squirrels through camera trap photos.
In 2014 Courtney passed away while giving birth to her son, Carter. She is remembered fondly by all those she worked with her and in 2014 FWC established a scholarship in her honor.